I’ve been working on some illustrations based on augmented reality lately, and this set of 3d renderings was created as a first-round concept for a client who needed a large front-page website banner. This particular client has developed a proprietary augmented-reality platform for mobile devices, and this banner would play a huge part in announcing some of the new features of their latest SDK.
Unfortunately, I just couldn’t seem to get any of these concepts to pop like I wanted. It was important to show the mobile phone UI “scanning” the real world objects behind it so that information could be augmented over top. But for whatever reason, none of these had the effect I was trying to achieve. That’s a total bummer, because I spent the better part of a day working on all these.
But that’s the way it goes sometimes. Sometimes bad visual design concepts are good to show what not to do – and they help a ton in identifying what to try next. And try again I did, and I’m happy to report that the second attempt was much better.
Click on any of the images above to download high-res versions. Make me proud and use them well…